Wednesday, 9 October 2013
Hair extensions, also called hair weaves, are lengths of real or synthetic hair that are closely attached to a person's scalp, adding length and/or thickness to the person's own natural hair. There are several different systems for attaching hair extensions, some of which are longer lasting than others. When well matched in color and texture, and professionally applied, hair extensions are designed to mix in and move naturally with a person's own hair, making it difficult to tell the person is wearing them. They can provide volume, extend hair, and add highlights or low lights. With the proper maintenance, some extensions can last up to a full year before they need to be removed.
There is different ways that you can use your extensions for:
• Length- if you have short hair and can’t wait for it to grow an easy solution is the hair extensions.
• Thickness- if you have fine or not a lot of hair you can use hair extensions just for thickness by just adding a couple into your hair. You will be surprised on what a difference it does make.
• Colour- want to change your hair colour but you are too scared in case you don’t like it? Well the easiest way to see if you like this colour is to add a few extensions of the colour you want in your hair. If you don’t like it all you have to do is remove the extension. An example of this is if you want the ombre/balayage but don’t want to damage the ends of your hair by lightening it, the perfect solution is you can try it out with the hair extensions, and then you don’t have to worry about not liking it or your hair being damaged.
Types of Extensions:
Both human and synthetic hair extensions are available, and both come in a variety of colors, textures, styles, and lengths. Each type has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Natural or human hair extensions are usually significantly more expensive than synthetic, though they are typically considered to be of higher quality. Synthetic hair is made from chemically processed fibers; although more affordable, it may not look as real and cannot be hot styled, whereas real hair can be washed and styled as normal hair.
• The most basic type of hair extensions are clip in extensions. These offer thickness and length without the cost of permanent extensions. They are less expensive to buy and also don’t need to be put in by a professional. The advantage of clip ins is the ability to put them in and take them out as you please. They are simply clipped in to your hair in sections. As they are temporary they usually only last a day or a night, although they can be reused repeatedly.
• Micro beads, weaving, bonding, fusing are other types of extensions. These are all more permanent methods, as they are attached to your own hair using wax, beads or braiding them into your hair. We have found these methods of applying extensions can be damaging to your hair and scalp and can also look unnatural. They can, however, be difficult to remove, add additional weight to the hair, can loosen after a few washings and put a lot more pressure on your scalp.
• The newest method of extensions is tape extensions. They are two pieces of hair attached by using a double sided tape method, with your hair sandwiched in between the tapes. They are simple to apply and even easier to take out. You can reuse them over and over. Easy to apply with no tools needed. This system is completely seamless with no bumps. Tape hair extensions can be washed and styled as normal, you can use your regular hair products, and they are designed to be lightweight and are suitable for most hair types. You can wear your hair up or down. Ideal for people with thinning hair and for adding length or volume or simply adding highlights without chemicals. Tape hair extensions can last up to 2 months, they simply get taken out cleaned up and re-taped and then put back in your hair!
Written By Enza
Posted by Mylonas Hair and Beauty at 19:29