A permanent wave, commonly called a perm , involves the use of chemicals to break and reform the bonds of the hair. The hair is washed and wrapped on a perm rod and waving lotion is applied with a base. This solution creates a chemical reaction that softens the inner structure of the hair by breaking some of the cross links within and between the protein chains of the hair. The hair swells, stretches and softens, then molds around the shape of the perm rod.
Steps preformed in perming
- Shampoo the hair.
- Set the rollers .
- Apply perm solution.
- Leave in for 30 -45 minutes, depending on the texture of the hair.
- Wash the hair with the rollers still on, untill all perm solution is washed off.
- Towel dry the hair with rollers still on.
- Apply neutralizer all over.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the hair and take rollers out.
- Condition the hair.
Written By Becc